Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Debt, Rainbows, & The Pot of Gold



“Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies,
worthless things in which there is no profit.
Can man make for himself gods? Such are not gods!”
“Therefore, behold, I will make them know,
this once I will make them know my power and my might,
and they shall know that my name is the Lord.”
(Jeremiah 16:19b-21)

According to Grandfather Economic Reports the total US mortgage debt in in 2007 was....
wait for it...

10.5 trillion dollars.

Oh, well! Today we chased a rainbow. Fifteen minutes of peace and calm, searching the skies. And with gold at $1,003 an ounce, I thought maybe I'd get lucky.

Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him,... I establish my covenant with you,
that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood,
and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.”...
I have set my bow in the cloud,
and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds,
I will remember my covenant that is between me and you
and every living creature of all flesh.
And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
(Genesis 9:8-14)

So we won't be destroyed by a flood. Sounds like we might self-implode from debt addiction.