Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ellery's Laws Circa 1993

Once upon a time, I was in college. In my sophomoric wisdom I wrote the following rules for life. Some still apply.

1. There are a lot of people in this world who are going to hell and I have to do something about it.

2. When thou knowest not what thou speakest of, thy mouth is best used for chewing. U.M.S.

3. Everything in life is a game. It is just that some games in life are more serious than others.

4. "Follow the money. When someone says, "It's not the money," it's always the money." R.L.

5. Life is too short to be suckin' lemons.

6. There are no guarantees in this life, only threats.

7. Life is tough, get over it.

8. Being single is not a curse. It just feels like one.

9. You only get to call it a date if the girl lets you hold her hand. You only get to have sex with her if she is your wife.

10. Love without action is nothing. Love is a choice, and is rarely easy.

3 comments:

  1. You are still that same guy that hounded me for 2 years before I'd give you the time of day. Bull-dogged tenacity and oh, so very patient. Love ya.

    And as funny as these "rules" were, you have always lived by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list.
    I'm wondering if last word in number nine is an error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes it is an error, but it still works. Yes it should read "wife". I will change that.

    ReplyDelete

I love appropriate comments. Comments that contain coarse or vulgar language will be rejected. You may rephrase the comment and try again.