Saturday, February 28, 2009


In 1937 my grandparents, David and Helen, were married. This is their "wedding" picture outside the cafe that they both worked in at the time.

The couple shown above were from broken homes and
lived apart from their siblings for part of their childhood.
David was actually "farmed" out during his high school years
for room and board.
Determined not to let the same thing happen to their own children,
they pledged to hold fast to their vows before God and man,
and they did.
This is the legacy passed down to me.
Now it is my turn to pass the legacy to my own children.




“This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
because she was taken out of Man.”
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother
and hold fast to his wife,
and they shall become one flesh.(Genesis 2:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love appropriate comments. Comments that contain coarse or vulgar language will be rejected. You may rephrase the comment and try again.