Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wisdom, Portals and Abomination


Sometimes children pick up phrases and words
that you do not really want them using
at the neighbor's house or in Sunday School.

During our devotions tonight, my daughter was reading the beginning of Proverbs 8. When she finished she had some questions about some of the words.

"What are Portals?"
"What does Prudence mean?"
"What does Abomination mean?"

After hearing us explain the meanings she made this statement:
"I thought Abomination was the name of our government."
No, dear, that is Obama Nation.


The Blessings of Wisdom

Does not wisdom call?
Does not understanding raise her voice?
On the heights beside the way,
at the crossroads she takes her stand;
beside the gates in front of the town,
at the entrance of the portals she cries aloud:
“To you, O men, I call,
and my cry is to the children of man.
O simple ones, learn prudence;
O fools, learn sense.
Hear, for I will speak noble things,
and from my lips will come what is right,
for my mouth will utter truth;
wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are righteous;
there is nothing twisted or crooked in them.
(Proverbs 8:1-8)

1 comment:

  1. Abomination/Obama Nation...I love it! (the cleverness I mean)

    ReplyDelete

I love appropriate comments. Comments that contain coarse or vulgar language will be rejected. You may rephrase the comment and try again.