Monday, November 23, 2009

Hammers and Work




My son and I pounded nails today. Do you remember being seven years old and wanting to hit something with a hammer. Today was that day.

For three hours my son and I nailed siding and flooring for a Hands of Mercy house that will go to a hard working and very needy family outside of Ensenada, Mexico.

He said that hitting nails was like pushing worms back into their holes.

He then spent another hour cleaning up loose nails from the church parking lot where we worked. I am proud of that boy. He never once complained or gave up, even when those little nasty galvanized weaklings crumpled over and he had to pull them out and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love appropriate comments. Comments that contain coarse or vulgar language will be rejected. You may rephrase the comment and try again.