Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tepees and Chainsaws




I am late. I should have started trimming the Mulberry trees two weeks ago. It is cold outside. It is foggy. I have three unfinished books next to my bed. The chain on the saw needs sharpening. The kids are making tepees out of pipe cleaners and paper. They are doing this in a plea for me to start trimming and build them their very own. This has become tradition. As ingrained as putting up the Christmas tree The Friday after Thanksgiving. So I must. The kids faces, the hours, days, weeks and months of enjoyment are worth it. This weekend I will be "That Dad". Where is that chainsaw?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love appropriate comments. Comments that contain coarse or vulgar language will be rejected. You may rephrase the comment and try again.