Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Library

Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folk have lent to me.
     - Anatole France, 1844 - 1924

A collection of good books, with a soul to it in the shape of a librarian, becomes a vitalized power among the impulses by which the world goes on to improvement.
     - Justin Winsor, 1878

The library is not only a diary of the human race, but marks an act of faith in the continuity of humanity.
     - Vartan Gregorian

When I read about the way in which library funds are being cut and cut, I can only think that American society has found one more way to destroy itself.
     - Isaac Asimov, 1920 - 1992

The public library is the most dangerous place in town.
     - John Ciardi, 1916 - 1986

All quotes are courtesy of Uncle Mark and some quote place he subscribes to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love appropriate comments. Comments that contain coarse or vulgar language will be rejected. You may rephrase the comment and try again.